Jun 15, 2008

Trial Makeup and Hair

Lisaya Mani

















Everyone,

After a failed makeup trial session with another vendor who was recommended by one of my bridesmaids, I checked out a variety of websites in search of a makeup and hairstylist for my wedding. I came upon Jira's website

I e-mailed Jira in regards to finding some information and she was always easy to reach and responded in a timely manner.

I met Jira at her studio and we sat down and talked about my wedding and my dress and different outfit changes. We talked about what I liked and what I didn't like in makeup. We also talked about a variety of hairstyles.

When I first went in, I was sure I wanted to wear my hair half up, which I'm used to doing most of the time. Jira suggested that I at least try an updo style and let me look through a book with some pictures.

I'm glad that she convinced me to try my hair up. After looking at my photographs, I am as well as all of my friends are in agreement that my hair looked awesome up.

Jira also tried two different makeup styles as well. I was so excited the whole time she was doing my makeup. She was extremely friendly and easy to talk to. She was also always asking for my input as what I liked and didn't like.

The results were amazing. I haven't even had my wedding yet, but I can't wait until that day. After my makeup trial, I completely trust Jira and her work.

Check out the results from the trial if you'd like. Keep in mind that I had my makeup done after being up for almost 24 hours (I worked the night before) and I had tried this new moisturizer that was a bit too oily so I think it made the makeup just a little oily. Jira recommended that I don't wear that moisturizer that morning of my wedding and or switch back to my old moisturizer.

Even despite my sleepiness/tired eyes and the oily moisturizer, I was so impressed!! Everyone says a picture is worth a 1000 words, so here's a couple 1000 more words to my review: More reviews"

Read more reviews on Yelp.

Wowpretty Trial Makeup and Hair Gallery on Flickr